Administrative Assistant for Alumni Relations
Friday November 1
Saint Meinrad Archabbey's Development Office has an opening for a full-time, hourly Administrative Assistant for Alumni Relations. This person provides clerical support for the Director of Alumni Relations and works closely with the Director in administering all aspects of alumni activities, included needed support for the Alumni Annual Giving Program. The Administrative Assistant also provides database support, as well as clerical support, and works closely with the Associate Director of Annual Giving in administering the Saint Meinrad Sunday Program.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Prepare and process correspondence and reports, schedule meetings and appointments, make reservations and travel arrangements, and perform other secretarial duties.
- Prepare confidential donor profiles for use by the Director of Alumni Relations in cultivating and soliciting gifts for Saint Meinrad.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials required for the Alumni Association, the Alumni Association Board of Directors, various alumni gatherings and alumni annual giving programs. Maintain files on these and other alumni programs and activities.
- Attend Alumni Board of Directors meetings, regional alumni gatherings and other related events.
- Assist in planning and carrying out all aspects of the annual Alumni Reunion, as well as all follow-up correspondence and reporting related to the Alumni Reunion.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Relations in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the Alumni Annual Giving Program, specifically the class chairman program.
- Maintain the alumni website, including individual records, obituaries, congratulatory greetings, periodic emails and responding to alumni requests. Review diocesan newspapers for current information on alumni. Keep current all related files and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Prepare cards for priests, deacons and lay alumni as designated by Director of Alumni Relations.
- Maintain alumni records in the Raiser’s Edge database. Support the Database Coordinator with other database updates when needed.
- Proofread all special gift acknowledgement letters sent out under the signature of the Archabbot, Prior, and the President-Rector. Assist other members of the support staff.
- Requires the skillful and quick use of various software programs, including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Requires an outgoing personality, along with a service-minded attitude. The ability to give and receive general, as well as factual, information is imperative.
- Must be able to read materials for accuracy of spelling, grammar, and simple editing, along with basic writing and numeric skills.
- Must be able to work well as a member of a team.
- Must be able to hold information regarding benefactors, volunteers, and others in strict confidence. Dedication and commitment to the long-term success of the Development Office and Saint Meinrad are key attributes.
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.