Director of Food Services
Friday December 6
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has an immediate opening for a full-time, salaried Director of Food Services.
The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Archabbey kitchen, bakery, and related kitchen/dining room areas.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- This individual will make all work schedules.
- He/she will oversee the purchase of all non-food inventory and assist, as needed, with the ordering of the food supplies.
- He/she will also be present for special functions.
- Along with the Assistant Director, he/she will resolve disciplinary problems and will be proactive in the development of the Food Service staff.
- In consultation with the Assistant Director, he/she is responsible for all personnel additions/deletions in accordance with established norms of Saint Meinrad Archabbey; is responsible for developing and maintaining a six-week cycle menu, including special diets (consultation with a registered dietitian is expected); will prepare the annual budget, including operational and capital; and will develop policies, procedures and projects as needed or assigned.
- He/she will represent the Archabbey Food Service to internal and external customers. He/she will assist customers in planning special functions and assist in preparation of meals, especially special functions, whenever needed.
- Responsible for managing the Monastery Refectory including staffing, feast meal menu planning, purchasing wine and beer, and maintaining stock of serving utensils and dinnerware.
- Check reservation system daily for number of guests and dining locations.
- This individual will assume the duties of Assistant Director in his/her absence or when directed, and assume other related duties and responsibilities as directed by the Director of Hospitality Services.
- Must have an associate's degree or completion of a technical program of at least 18 months
- Requires cooking experience in large-volume setting
- Must have the proven ability to lead and manage people and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills in order to be an effective communicator with both internal and external individuals
- Must have the ability to be a team builder using skillful creativity to solve problems and move the department forward
- Requires a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of the department
- Must possess advanced computer skills
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.