Students receive ministry of lector at Saint Meinrad
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Twenty-two priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology received the ministry of lector on February 16, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel.
Twenty-two priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of lector on February 16, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. Archbishop Charles Thompson, of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, installed the lectors.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
- Lance Tony Antony Samy, Diocese of Palayamkottai
- Elias Bar-Shimon, M.Carm., John Black, M.Carm., Paul Marie Castieau, M.Carm., and Seraphim Mary Hefferman, M.Carm., Carmelite Monastery of Wyoming
- Daniel Cooper and Robert Denne Jr., Diocese of Knoxville
- John Gardiner, Diocese of Birmingham
- Kristofer Garlitch, Samuel Hansen and Khaing Thu, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Raphael Kavita, Evarist Mukama, Alex Omari and Aloysius Ssennyondo, Glenmary Home Missioners
- Stephen Matthew McClain and Bruce Sander, Diocese of Tulsa
- Evrard Muhoza, Archdiocese of Louisville
- Felix Pesce, Diocese of Memphis
- Symeon Rubbleke, OSB, Assumption Abbey
- Guillaume Temkkit, Diocese of Manchester
- Andrew Wentworth, Archdiocese of Mobile
The ministry of lector is conferred upon those who prepare and proclaim readings from Scripture at Mass and other liturgical celebrations. A lector also may recite psalms between the readings and present the intentions for the general intercessions.